Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vegan Comfort Food - Tofu Scramble

I'm not going to lie, I totally miss eggs.

I miss the tastes, the textures, the protein... but mostly I miss the versatility.

Being vegan takes a level of creativity, experimentation and curiosity. You can definitely substitute eggs to (basically) achieve the same results and a lot of this people's experiments with this have been documented on the internet, like here.

I really wanted to make something quick and easy - tofu scramble.

It's got all the perks of a traditional scramble, you can use whatever you have, you can tailor the taste to whatever you want (spicy, 'erb-y, salty, sweet and sour), it's quick and it's yum; just minus the egg! Win :)

Ingredients:

  • Tofu (I've used silken)
  • Whatever you want! - but I've used: 
  • Baby Spinach
  • Carrot
  • Onion
  • Mushroom
  • Tomato
  • Bok Choy
  • Beans
  • Rosemary + Salt & Pepper
Method:
  • Basically the same as scrambled eggs. Heat oil in fry pan, add seasoning and onion and fry till brown
  • Gently fry other ingredients
  • Add tofu - cook till you just have to eat it! 
I've served mine with Quinoa and Rye bread toasted with avocado and wholegrain mustard - Yummers xD

No comments:

Post a Comment